Who We Are
SIM is made up of more than 4000 currently active workers serving in nearly 70 countries. Our multi-cultural, multi-skilled teams serve on every continent except Antarctica! SIM workers are international themselves, representing about 70 nationalities.
Purpose and Mission Statement
Convinced that no one should live and die without hearing God’s good news, we believe that he has called us to make disciples of Jesus Christ in communities where he is least known.
Therefore, compelled by God’s great love and empowered by the Holy Spirit…
- We cross barriers to proclaim the crucified and risen Christ, expressing his love and compassion among those who live and die without Him.
- We make disciples who will trust and obey Jesus, and become part of Christ-centered churches.
- We work together with churches to fulfil God’s mission across cultures locally and globally.
- We facilitate the participation in cross-cultural ministry of those whom God is calling.
The vision of SIM is to see a witness to Christ’s love where he is least known, disciples of Jesus expressing God’s love in their communities, and Christ-centred churches among all peoples.
By faith we see…
In the world:
- A vibrant testimony to the gospel through character, word and action among communities where currently Jesus is least known.
- Followers of Jesus living out the gospel in unity and in the power of the Holy Spirit, making disciples who trust him, obey him, and play a full part in church life.
- Churches serving their communities and reaching out with the gospel locally and globally.
- A community growing in faith, in obedience to Jesus, and in ministry competence.
- Workers crossing barriers with the gospel, being and making disciples of Jesus, expressing His love and compassion.
- Multi-ethnic and multi-skilled teams serving together in love and harmony.
- Courageous leaders investing in the development of others for life transforming ministries.
- Effective partnerships with Christ-centred churches and organisations facilitating the spread of the gospel.
- The redeemed from all tribes, languages, peoples and nations worshipping the living God.
Committed to Biblical Truth
We are committed to biblical truth and joyfully affirm historic, evangelical Christianity. With courage, we declare to the nations the good news of new life in Jesus Christ.
Dependent on God
A People of Prayer
We are committed to the urgent and unfinished task of making disciples of Jesus Christ in all nations. In doing this we desire to work in loving, trusting, interdependent relationships with churches and other partners who share our vision.
Concerned About Human Needs
A Christ-like Community
A Learning, Growing Community
Strengthened Through Diversity
Responsive to Our Times
Get in touch with SIM Organisation
We would love to hear from you
Support the ministry of SIM Southern Africa
We are most grateful for your generous support